This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Geography of Ashley Madison Users-Mississippi Edition

Hello, I haven't posted anything in a year because I've been really busy and I didn't have too much interesting to map. Until yesterday. I was shown a list of all the Ashley Madison subscribers in Mississippi. I knew it would be something interesting to see mostly because of the level of hypocrisy. We in Memphis get a large dose of Mississippi political ads during election season. Endless professing of who had the most Mississippi conservative values. Then driving around Mississippi you see signs that say "Jesus". Just "Jesus". (I never knew so many people named Jesus lived in Mississippi and wanted people driving by to know it. So many proud Latinos in Mississippi.) Maybe they mean Jesus Christ. If so, it sure isn't a Christian living state. Mississippi ranks 8th in the nation for the highest divorce rate, behind low-conservative value places like Arkansas, Idaho, Wyoming, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Kentucky. Mississippi ranks 49th, only behind New Jersey for lowest marriage rate. What do you get when you combine the 8th highest divorce rate with the almost lowest marriage rate in the Union? The lowest cheating rate. Congratulations Mississippi. The few people in Mississippi married are doing a good job, except in some select places. Check out the map to see where the cheaters are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home