This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Crazy White Lady

Tonight was the Living Wage rally. It went well and support on the city council seems to be growing. In particular, I'd like to say thank you to Tijuana Stout-Mitchell for her support. Apparently though Carol Chumney had a political melt down. My friends report she was almost lecturing the audience and pushed the line of whining. She also made some horrible reference to homeland security and threat of terrorism. Arguing we can't afford to leave the homeland undefended. Terrorism? Has she looked around this city. Who the hell is going to bomb us? A third of city already looks like Beirut 1982. Her performance was so bad there was grumbling in the audience and this wasn't the audience she wanted to antagonize. Church groups, unions, many democratic party members, and women's groups were there. With her performance tonight, she may have fractured her own base and lost the political capital she has been building over the past year through her stands in oposition to Herenton. I heard that the event may have been digitally recorded. Hopefully, I'll be able to see it myself and possibly someone will be able to post it on the internet so more people can see. Congratulations Living Wage Coalition, you're doing a good job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brassmask said...

DAMMIT!!!

Why didn't I kick my own butt and go down there? Chumney is my council member. DAMMIT!!

10:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it was that bad don't always trust 2nd or 3rd hand info

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was that bad. She was a total wreck. You can make a point absent the theatrics. She was a real mess with all that screaming and hollering

4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home