Who Are These Christians I Keep Hearing About?

Who are these Christians I keep hearing about? Are they some obscure sect that I just haven't run across? Do they have many places in which they worship here in Memphis? Maybe Christians are more common in other parts of the United States. Perhaps disproportionately so in South Carolina. Because I am so unfamiliar with Christians, I figured I look up what the actual percentage of Americans is Christian. Surprisingly, only 76% of US population, all of the Presidents, except maybe Jefferson, 433 current Congressmen, and all 100 US Senators. Wow, how Christians could be so well represented in government and the general population yet I've crossed paths with so few is really amazing. Here are the others. 2% Mormon, 1% Jewish, 1% Muslim (we're really going to have to keep an eye on all those Islamofascists that want to force sharia on to us), 10% other, and 10% Agnostic/Atheist.
I guess that viral email saying Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim must really be having an effect. It doesn't matter though because Obama's middle name is Hussein. What more proof do you need? I don't see any guys named Johnny Walker joining the Taliban because Johnny Walker is a good White, Christian name and quality Scotch? Everybody knows Muslim radicals don't drink alcohol. duh!
Joking aside though, Obama is in trouble. His youth movement is fizzing out and he's hemorrhaging support of very liberal voters. Plus, there aren't too many more open primaries left that will let independents and republicans vote in the Democratic primary. Here's a word of advice for the remainder of the primaries, quit speaking well of Reagan and stop using Huckabee's tactics. Also, Obama supporters better pray to his Christian God that Edwards doesn't get out of the race because almost all of his support will go to Hillary.
2 Comments:
polar donkey, meet unevenkiel:
http://unevenkiel.blogspot.com/
2008/01/political-notebook-victim
-olympics.html
10:36 AM
And now Edwards is out...
7:45 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home