This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Black Swans and Presidential Politics

It's 3:15 central time Friday afternoon.
Politics has made me a cynical and jaded person. In fact, I may be just a bad person. I say this because the second thing (right after that's horrible and hopefully no one gets hurt) I thought of when I heard about the guy with a bomb going into Hillary Clinton's campaign office was she's won the Democratic nomination. It is simple math: Bomb strapped nut job + hostages + campaign headquarters results in no one being able to politically go after Hillary for next 5 weeks and she wins.

It will be really difficult for republicans to appeal to anyone outside their base if this guy is a conservative. The right-wing insane rhetoric against her could easily be blamed(and rightfully so) for creating an irrational political discourse filled with hate that drives rightwing kooks to violence. If the kook is a leftwing nutcase, republicans get to crank up the standard anti-liberal rhetoric, but Hillary stills wins the Democratic nomination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home