This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oh Shucks, What Happened to the Harold Ford Sr Calvary

Update: Oh snap! Herenton promised Harold Ford Sr. Guess who didn't show. hahahaha Who looks desperate now? After all the bad blood and fighting, it looks like Sr may get the last laugh.

Whew, Morris and his supporters are pulling out all the stops. They realized they are running against Chumney, not Herenton. Maybe it was a little late, but Morris has picked up the talking point of "most electable." He was on with Drake and Zeke on 98.1 yesterday for a lovefest. In addition, Jack Sammons called up and said Chumney can't win. I also saw the new commercials for Morris with the newspaper clippings saying he was most electable and has the best chance to unite the city. I'm still perplexed why it was this late that Morris would use this talking point. I'm really stumped as to why Chumney didn't run radio ads saying she was most electable after the Yacoubian poll showed her tied with Herenton. People, early voting ended Saturday and half the electorate already voted. Everyone knew white folks were going to hold their vote and wait to see who was most likely to defeat Herenton. The lack of push back by Chumney is surprising though. She did well in the debates and with free media early last week, but she has been dead in the water the past couple days and now people are starting to believe Morris is most electable. She may well have done best in early voting, but she is going to have to pick it up or else Herenton will win re-election. It looks now like 34% for Chumney, 33% for Herenton, and 31% for Morris. It doesn't get much more tighter than this.

PS-If I were a supporter Morris, I'd be calling into WDIA and talking serious smack. Who's the boy now! That's what happens when you go crawling to your enemy. He kicks you in the guts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chumney was on with Drake and Zeke this morning. I didn't get to listen to much so i don't know how she did.

David

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I think Carol did run post Yacoubian TV spots like that. They might have been updated from earlier ads, but they started with a picture of a bar graph showing Carol and Chumney neck and neck and Morris way behind.

12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was so much of a cloud of dust, the Ford Calvary could either be coming or going.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Polar Donkey, can you contact me please? I have a project I'd like your help with. Thanks!

Mike Hollihan (formerly the blogger known as Half-Bakered)
Mediaverse Memphis

mike a-t hollihan d-o-t net

2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home