This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Surprise! Frist Wins Own Rigged Straw Poll

Saturday, the place I work had to feed 700 of those delegates to the republican leadership conference. All day I had to see rich, mostly older white folks from Nashville suburbs wearing "Frist ist mein Führer" stickers. (Translated into English that is "Frist is my leader", but it's so much catchier in original German.) It took all my self control not to yell at these dumbass delegates. I wanted to announce over the intercom that Frist is an insider trader. Yes, a criminal that did the same thing as Martha Stewart and should be going to jail just like her as well. Frist never bothered to vote before 1994. His friends didn't know he was a republican and thought he leaned towards being a democrat before he jumped into the Senate race. The asshole should get his medical license taken for malpractice because of his remote diagnosis of Terry Schiavo. Bill Frist, just like Harold Ford jr, only cares about his own political advancement. Ambition can be a good thing if you have a vision beyond yourself to make the world a better place, neither of these men do.

What was interesting was the difference between the political handlers and the run of mill delegates. Like I said, the delegates were mostly old. The handlers were predominantly in their late 20's or 30's. All wore blue suits, red tie. Delegates were apparently issued khaki pants, white shirt, and blue blazer. Variation from this theme seemed frowned upon. The handlers still looked like they came from the suburbs of Nashville too, but there was a cynicism in their appearance. They were hired guns or people looking to get ahead. Upwardly mobile uppies getting in on the groundfloor of corporation. I reckon this is true, since the GOP is a subcontracted entity to provide services and funding to their corporate bosses. Almost none of those operatives believed in Bill Frist's "vision." He is just their meal ticket.

While Frist is a dick, I hope the republicans pick him. Just like the republicans are praying for Hillary to be the democratic nominee, I'm praying Frist is their's. Howdy Doody looking, whiny voice speaking, charismatically challenging, criminal activity doing, quack doctoring, cat mutilating asshole would be a great presidential nominee. Please republicans, pick Bill Frist as your candidate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you're coming across as bitter ... too bitter. You just wish the Democratic party issued you a blazer.

How did the demonstration go?

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home