This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Showing of Unconstitutional and DFA Candidate Training Camp

This is from Brad Watkins, Democracy for Memphis organizer:

1.I want to announce that our DFM Movie Night series will continue
as we will screen a viewing of the Robert Greenwalt Film UNCONSTITUTIONAL,
Weds, Feb 22nd at 6:30pm at Neil's@1835 Madison ave. That night we
shall also hear ideas for a proposed local "Safe and Free" County Resolution
proposed by DFM member Reginald Fentress"Dist.2 Pos.2" and Jay Sparks
"Dist 5'. This proposed resolution has been part of a national grassroots
campaign launched by the ACLU, where local governments take steps to
ensure the protection of our Civil Liberties.Both men are candidates for the
Democratic Party's nomination for County Commission. I think this event
and the discussion afterward will be both stimulating and informative to
all in the progressive community. I do so hope to see you all there.

2.I also want to let you know that major things are on our way as DFA
will bring it's Candidate Training Academy right here to Memphis TN, March
25-26th from 8:30am-5:30pm. I know many of you are curious and are
eager to get started, and have many questions, good there is alot of work still
to be done, as DFM will also be hosting
*****I would like to invite EVERYONE who is interested in joining the
DFA Host Committee of Candidate Training Academy to also attend a brief
Update and planning session BEFORE the Movie screening @ 6:00pm WEDS, FEB 22nd
also at Neil's. There all questions, requests and concerns will be
answered.**********

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Davis said...

I agree Brad, but for some reason I get the feeling that this is less scummy than it sounds. And I'm usually among the first to cry "scum."

I may be wrong, and I most likely am, but Hackett's a tough guy who is only in politics because he thinks he can change things. For him to back off--(happy or un about it)-- tells me there's more here than meets the eye.

Generally, I agree that the whole DLC "primaries are bad" SOT is wack.

11:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home