John Willingham's Run For Mayor
A progressive tax system is one of my personal fixations, along with publicly financed campaigns. John Willingham says he is running for county mayor on the core issues of tax reform. Everyone knows the state and local tax system is completely screwed. Locally we have to do something about the property tax and so many people working in Memphis and Shelby county while living in Desoto, Fayette, and Tipton county. For every 3 workers in Desoto county, 2 of them work in Shelby county. The median income of Shelby dropped $2000 over the past 5 years. AC Wharton is very polite and funny, but what has he done. Everytime he asked something, his canned answer is "I'll look into that and get back to you." Well, we are still waiting for you to actually say something. AC, are you willing to address a payroll tax like Willingham? It takes some balls for a Republican to say we need a payroll tax. If AC doesn't have the balls to address it, than I will be voting for a Republican for the first time in my life.
1 Comments:
I think I will be voting republican too. AC is good for the image of the city and for hosting programs, but thats about it. Also may I add that he is very intelligent. The problem is that he is not much different from rout or bill morris. Nothing has changed significantly from those administrations to his. The same individuals are getting the lion's share of the contracts. The same individuals are still calling the shots (bob lanier). I'm willing to sacrifice my democratic vote on willingham because he's at least willing to address the issues.
12:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home