District 29 Senate Primary
I was talking to a friend of mine, I'll call him Jean Val Jean, about District 29. We were joking about how screwed up it is and what a weak candidate Ophelia is. I argued that Jean Val Jean would be a great candidate for the Senate. He'd be a blue collar worker representing the interests of the working and middle class. A true everyman candidate. He is pro-stem cell research, pro-medicinal marijuana. He's also supportive of publicly funded elections, progressive taxation, populist economic policies and universal healthcare. In addition he's opposed to predatory lending. After some prodding, Jean said he would enter the race if "Cohen leaves the Senate. Memphis needs a progressive voice in the capitol who isn't beholden to either political machine here in Memphis." Sometime in the next couple weeks, he will go to the election commission and pull the paperwork for entering the race. Liberty, Fraternity, and Equality for all the constituents of District 29.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home