This blog is dedicated to the political adventures and highjinks of Memphis and Shelby County. It will also coment on some state, national, and international issues as well whatever may catch my eye.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Someone Take David Brooks Pen

From David Brooks article today in the NYT
"I love thee with the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. I love thee freely, as men strive for right. I love thee because this is the way government is supposed to work. President Bush consulted widely, moved beyond the tokenism of identity politics and selected a nominee based on substance, brains, careful judgment and good character.

I love thee because John G. Roberts is the face of today's governing conservatism."


Dude, this is really gay writing. Then he finishes up with this gem.

"In short, I love thee, Roberts nomination. President Bush has put his opponents on the defensive. He's sidestepped the culture war circus. And most important, he's shown that character and substance matter most."

He's shown that character and substance matters most. Come on. Put down the glass dick and quit smoking the crack. People have written whole books about how character and substance don't matter most in the Bush Administration. Jesus Christ Brooks, how do you explain Bernie Kerik and John Bolton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home