Party Headquarters
Democracy for Memphis has been having its meetings at Neil's bar. We would like to have our meetings at the Democratic Party Headquaters. DFM asked the new party Chairman if it could use the headquaters for its monthly meeting August 3rd. It was explained that the Executive Committee would have to vote on it. I hope that will be done at the first meeting Thursday. Democratic groups should not be forced to hold meetings in bars and libraries when there is a perfectly good headquarters lying dormant. Let the Democratic Party debate the value and possible uses of a headquaters. Many think it is a possible gold mine of potential party activity and organization. I'd like to know why people would be opposed to a headquarters.
1 Comments:
I agree Frank. Opening up the headquarters can help to nurture Democratic groups and encourage interaction between progressives. If no one else beats me to it, I'll bring this up Thursday.
David Holt
7:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home